Please do not hesitate write to us using stated email address or send your comment/message via form below
Send us a message
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should take the e Module Diabetes Retinopathy Screening course?
All Health professionals involved in diabetes prevention, management and care. These courses are specifically targeted to Diabetes Educators, Primary Care Physicians, General practitioners and Specialists
Why do I need to take this e Module DRS course?
Screening for Diabetes Retinopathy(DR) is important because the majority of patients who develop DR have no symptoms until macular edema (ME) and/or proliferative diabetic retinopathy (PDR) are already present. By taking this eModule DRS course, you will acquire the knowledge and practice of DRS needed for those healthcare involved. You will be able to identify sight threatening diabetes retinopathy and when to refer for further management.
When can I enrol for the course?
You can enrol for the course at any time. Visit our website for more details. You need to register and pay for the course.
What are the course content?
Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Identify diabetes and differentiate between the different types of diabetes
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of diabetes
- Recognise the risk factors associated with type 2 diabetes
- Understand the approach to an Initial evaluation and a glycaemic target
- Advise on investigations to screen for the common complications of diabetes
- Understand the approach to the screening and diagnosis of retinopathy
- Understand the pathogenesis of DR.
- Recognise the risk factors for diabetes retinopathy.
- Recognise grading of DR and when to refer for appropriate therapy.
- Identify modes of DR therapy.
- Know what is fundus camera and how to use it.
Can I take the modules in any order?
This course was designed with the intention to present the modules in a specific order so as it will help you understand the course as a whole. For this reason, you have to go through the eModule in the order they are listed in. You must complete all modules all modules before taking the assessment.